Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The happy in my day

"We tend to seek happiness when happiness is actually a choice."

Today I chose:

to take delight in watching my little girl give her speech about Wales, and realized that my cheeks hurt from smiling so hard. The best part was when I winked at her when it was over, she smiled that snaggly tooth grin and blinked both her eyes back at me. My Middle.

to listen to my Baloney chatter away in my back seat and enjoy just how very lucky that I am to have such a chatty girl. Not a day goes by that I don't laugh at that girl.

to watch my Oldest do her homework, easy peasy, no questions asked. Her ease and love of learning is a gift. To herself and to us. She is brilliant.

to be happy, and ignore when others say things that try to make me unhappy. Sometimes I think people are waiting for someone to make them happy, when really happiness is there all along. I need to remember this when it starts to suck me in.

to help the husband. He does so much for me, and simply just loves me, every day, all the time. It made me happy to help him. He is perfect.

1 comment:

sarah said...

and you shuld be happy that you are the type of person than can recognize happiness, and let it shine through. and appreciate it. xoxo