Monday, December 10, 2007

Kind of what I said....

I'm walking Middle to school this a.m. They had just put up a big screen, where the date, weather, events scroll along. Middle is reading it, and says "what is the F for?" I glance up and see it says 69 (insert degree symbol here, since I have no idea how to do that on the comp.)and then F. I tell her it means 69 degrees Fahrenheit. She starts jumping and hopping, and says to me so excitedly "OH YAY! I can't wait to go to Fairy Night!!!"

I had to deal the smile wiping blow that I had said Fahrenheit, not Fairy Night. Yeah try to ruin a kids day by telling them their school is not going to have a Fairy Night, just that Fahrenheit is a way to tell people about temperatures. She gave me the "You're such a fun sucker" face. Next time I am totally lying and we are going to have a fairy night. Fahrenheit is something that she can learn about in 6th grade. Who says learning's fun? Fun sucker learning.

No comments: