Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dirty Thirty

Today, I will blow out 30 candles, and make 30 wishes. I will put cake on my face, and act like I have no idea it's there. It's what I do. I can't wait to open presents and eat a scrumptious dinner. I will cheer my Oldielocks on during her game tonight, and secretly cross my fingers that she gets her "hit" that she strives for at every game.



I don't know what to think about being thirty. I don't think it is any different than 29. Am I supposed to throw away my skirts and tanks and start wearing dockers and blouses? Like the real silky see through ruffly blouse things. Should I start wearing my grandma's Mary Kay pink lipstick, and chewing trident? I dunnno.



I could sit here and list all my accomplishments that I have had in the past thirty years, but really, who, other than me, really cares? That doesn't define who I am. I am so much more than a pile of trophy's, high school honors class, self sufficient girl. Did I go to college? No. Did I build a career in the corporate world? No. Did I marry, wait 5 years and have 2.5 kids, white picket fence?- no, at least not in that order. Did I adopt orphans from all over the world and achieve world peace? Again... no.



Instead I have surfed in the ocean, planted many flowers, only to have them die and buy new ones...and have them die again. I have danced in the rain and choked on my own spit. I have done somersaults off the back of a horse and heard babies take their first breath. I have met and married my soul mate and gotten 25 staples in my stomach. I have eaten hot dogs in New York city, Beignets in New Orleans, and Indian fry bread in New Mexico. I have watched children take their first step, utter their first word and laugh until they cry. I have lived in a hospital and lived in a tent, in the dirty streets of Mexico. I have jumped with my children on beds in the Hard Rock and watched fireworks in the hills of Ohio. I have ran out of gas in the middle of the night, toilet papered more houses than I can remember. I have danced on balconies in Atlantic City and driven in underwater tunnels. I have sang every nursery rhyme and held onto my children for dear life. I have spent many a nights watching them sleep and many a day ripping my highlighted hair out. I strive to make sure that people know that they matter. I have been on TV, and on a bathroom wall. I have owned a 65 mustang and a soccer mom minivan. I like to say I work at Hooters, but really I am everything I ever wanted to be. I wipe snot off my kids faces (with my bare hand), and wear MAC make up. I jump on my husbands back and prank call him all day long. I've laughed as much as I have cried. Attitude makes a memory worth remembering.

And, at thirty, all this, has always been enough for me.

6 comments:

~teachmom~ said...

30's not too bad, and IMO, you achieved beyond a scholar in life. Meanwhile, I am slowly inching towards 35 and am starting to wonder, lol, what I should chew and wear and drive. Sometimes. ;)
But having a family and being who you are...that's just awesome. Keep being you!

jeleighbean said...

Yeah well, you are still old.
Happy Birthday!!

~beautifuldisaster8205~ said...

Nea you have accomplished so much...
even the snot wiping is a accomplishment
cuz if you wipe the wrong way.. it goes all over!!
So put away those Mini leathers..
bring out the Moo-Moos!
J/K Happy Birthday!

thegirlyouwillneverknow said...

happy belated 30th :D!! Hope you enjoyed your day.

thegirlyouwillneverknow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thegirlyouwillneverknow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.