Thursday, June 30, 2011

Make up and life

I am all about natural consequences. Life lessons.
If you put your hand in fire, you get burned.
If you leave meat in the car, it's going to stink.
If you piss in the wind....well you will get wet.
That kind of thing. So naturally, I let my children learn about life in the same manner.
Baloney just got the ol' "don't trust your sibling....ever" lesson.

They were playing make over, which is just a pretty pink train case filled with old make up of mine. The drugstore kind. Not my expensive stuff, cuz I don't care if I ever use it, that pile of colorfullness cost this momma money. Baloney's turn to get made over. She did get to choose the colors and products, but the rest was left in the hands of the make up artist, in this case, was of course, Oldielocks.

She was real convincing, that big sister of hers.
"Ooooh, these colors make your eyes look amazing"
"I would love for this look to be done on me"
"Blue, like a pretty peacock."

All while Middle, who should never play poker since she would lose piles of money, is giggling her little face off. I hear them tell her to get down and go look in the mirror. Bare feet race across the floor, light switch turns on, and

"oh. my. goodness.......WHAT IS THAT!?!?!?!"

and then I hear explosive laughter and falling to the ground from the other room.
Ten seconds later, I hear those same little barefeet banging up the stairs and slamming into my room.

"LOOK AT ME! I've been turned into a hideous monster!" said a serious Baloney in a serious voice.






And then I exploded in laughter. Much to her dismay of course. I think she was most offended when I asked her to grab my camera. I told her I wanted to capture this moment. I told her it was important to remember this moment when Oldielocks wants to help her with prom make up. She stormed away with a "thanks a lot."

awww, life lessons. I still hear sisters giggling.

1 comment:

becca said...

I love this. Ya'll are awesome