Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blog hits

I have tons o' fun reading the referrals that send people to my blog. Pretty much what people put into Google, yahoo, whatever search engine of your choice, and they get me. Luck of the draw.

Some things are innocent enough. A few searches for Tiffany blue and chocolate bedding, and they get my rant about not finding any. I guess I should share that I went with aqua and a white comforter. White you can bleach stick it, and it can't hide from me in stores. White is everywhere.

Some are looking for blogger banners. I'm sure I have had several graphic designers scoff at mine. Which is all right, my creativity runs amok at times and fails me at others.

Breastfeeding and Caesar salad gets traffic sent my way. Which I am sure they are horribly disappointed when they get my little blurb about the lady and her headlights blaring at the play area. Really, I am not anti-breastfeeding, just anti -boob staring.

A few have looked for other things. To the person who searched for doggie names, I am sorry. Not the name you were looking for I am sure. However if I ever run into a dog named Anus, I will know whose blog they read.

To the person who got their blog hit from Google, someone searching for "Do people with dreads wash their hair?" It was me. I Google dirty stuff like that. Educating myself to the fullest. And some do, is what I found out. And now I know.

3 comments:

Missey~ said...

you have to tell me how this works?
I have the statcounter but I don't know how to do what you are talking about??
Pretty please!!!!!!
I think i would get a kick out of it :)
Missey

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

ditto! How do you find that on sitemeter?

NeaCakes said...

I use sitemeter, and on the left, once you have signed in, it gives you a choice of details, location, referrals, out clicks, etc. Details will tell you the IP, server, etc. But to get to the nitty gritty, go directly to referrals, and click on the link, if it has one. That's only for people who are viewing your page via a search or link.