Saturday, November 01, 2008

halloween food goodness

I love any reason to celebrate. And Halloween gets oodles of attention. I like creating, and decorating, and kind of sort of like my kids too, so, well this is what you get.

This was what I packed for lunch. I cut out sandwiches in the shape of pumpkins, made witches fingers out of string cheese and bell pepper nails, and monster mouths out of apple, peanut butter, and marshmallows. I topped it off with a little note, and drawings. I so wanted to play a trick and fill their lunches with fake bugs, but maybe next year.



I decorated the table, and chandelier, complete with skulls and hanging bats, that Baloney spent hours trying to knock down.




We ate:

Mummy Dogs



Spider cupcakes



Goblin Brain



Monster Eyeballs



Goblin Guts



Vampire Blood, complete with blood thirsty worms.



Any moment that I can sprinkle magic into the lives of my children, I'll take it. It is most certainly about the little things. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's one way cool spread! You are so creative. :) Good job!

~teachmom~ said...

You are VERY creative! I am not much a Halloween gal, but I like to go all out for Christmas....well, as good as it gets for us, anyway....nowhere near your style! :)

WTG MOM!!!! :D

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Ok you rock, not that you didn't before, but now its officail LOL! I love the monster mouths. I would have to do those at home though b/c school & all school related functions (sports, boy scouts, etc are nut free zones)!