Monday, August 06, 2012

Reading

I like fluff books.
Gimme some Twilight and I will enjoy them as I whiz through them all in a few days.
Gimme some Jodi Picoult if I want my heartstrings tugged on. And then I get mad mad mad at her for writing such stories. Nicholas Sparks makes me want to move to an old farmhouse in South Carolina and pit cherries, barefoot on my porch, while I fall in love with my husband, over and over again.

But then I love Mark Twain. Sylvia Plath. Mitch Albom and Maya Angelou. The best dinner ever would be one to sit at the table with them, and just listen. I love books that just ooze wisdom and I could spend forever highlighting every single word.

Shel Silverstein and Dr. Seuss? Love.
Max Lucado? Double love.

But I don't like the Hobbit. Or Harry Potter. I've tried to like them, but I can't.
Or the hunger games.

I typicaly judge a book by it's cover, mostly in Costco.
Then I see if the library has it.
I havent read a book in a little while.
I think a trip to the library would be good for my soul.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still balls deep [not really, but god I love to say that.] in Culinary books. I've not even finished the damn Success as a Chef one but I've got a bunch more waiting on my night stand. Mostly books BY Chefs, like about their life and such. /w1n.

NOVA Frugal Family said...

I love the fluff books too! I actually set a goal to read books of substance this year and my cousin told me that my reading was boring :) I love Nicholas Sparks and Mitch Albom too!!! I highly recommend the trip to the library!!