Monday, September 10, 2007

Food Blogs

My new favorite thing to do is look at food blogs. Other people use the Internet for it's intended use, such as emailing friends, shopping their little hearts out, researching world peace- and then there's me. I am chomping on a cheese stick, staring pictures of mouth watering goodness, and wasting many useless taste buds.

I like to cook. Which translates into :Can follow a recipe but edible is not guaranteed. I know what a paring knife is, I know how to zest a lemon, and how to "fold" in an ingredient. Everyone has their signature dish, and the bottom line for my 29 years is, I know I make some hot diggety salsa and my kids dig my banana and chocolate chip pancakes.

So, I thought I would expand my horizons and check out some food blogs. Some are way too gourmet for me..cuz making salmon mousse is like telling your dog to clean up it's own poo- not gonna happen. There are some baking ones, but I doubt after a bite of my mediocre, but delightfully decorated cupcakes, that I'm going to be the next big thing. Betty Crocker, your job is safe. You and Duncan Hines can wipe the sweat off your brow.

There some FATastically, down home cooking ones, but my arteries started shutting down while looking at the pictures of the pounds of butter some of these chicks were using, I quickly x'ed out of those pages. And the ones that involve saffron from India and imported mushrooms from France... uh yeah. If I can't get it at Albertson's with one kid crying in the cart, one with it's head in the chocolate covered raisin bin and the other singing me the jingle for Trix... then it can't be done. A girl's got her limits.


So, back to me and my cheese stick chomping self, I sit here and lust after the fresh out of the oven cinnamon rolls, the crispy doughnuts and the fried chicken that would make Paula Deen cry, and enjoy my virtual picnic.

No comments: