Friday, August 01, 2008

children

We were at the mall the other day, just me and the girls.

A older man walked up to us, smiling, and let me know that he thought the girls were beautiful.

'All of them, so different, so beautiful."

His wife came up, and said they had 2 girls of their own. Over 30, and on their own. She asked if they were all mine, which of course, they are. She said to enjoy, them they grow up so fast. Her oldest was going to Germany for a while, and she said it was just breaking her heart, to have her go.
They both commented again on the girls, and how they loved their own.

And that's who I want to be. To enjoy and cherish my children so much, that when I am older, and they are out in this big world, the beauty of a stranger's child will take me back to that place. That place, tucked deep in my soul, where my own children are 8, 6 and 2, and still mine.

No comments: