Saturday, July 14, 2012

Modern Meadow pink quilt



 When I first saw this Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow line, I KNEW someone had to have this combo. Anyone. I probably would have made it and gave it to the mail man.....except for the mailman is a grumpy old man that wears a Hawaiian landscaper hat....every.single.day. But then my bestie got preggers and found out it was a girl and I knew it was meant to be, so I whipped up a lil something with this pile of berry fabulousness. I have big plans for the Sunny Day version of this line as well.






I ordered  8 fat quarters from etsy, used one pink and white gingham fat quarter from Joanns.  The back is lined with pink with white polka dot soft flannel. And the binding was a matching tan from Joanns. I broke it up with little white lines, and made it in the size of a square.



 Up close of the colors and fabric.


And just for that little personal touch, I took a tan piece of fabric and cursive embroidered her name on the bottom corner. It's a super girly quilt, but since pink and green is my signature color, it works.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could quilt.