Wednesday, October 08, 2008

WTF Wednesday #5

I grew up in Southern Cali. With extended family that was from the same area, but had scattered across the U.S. (That growing up and moving on gene.) One of my aunts was coming to visit. Super exciting.

We head to the airport, with my other aunt from here. Now, this was back in the olden days, where you could go meet people at their gates. We go to the gate, and sit down and wait. Mom and aunt head to the bathroom.

What happened next, was...traumatizing.

People are getting off the plane, and coming up the ramp. I look to my right, and see these giant turds walking towards us, holding signs. And wearing sunglasses. Please, oh please imagine a walking piece of poo with sunglasses on. Giggling. Giggling poo pieces sun tanning or something.

WTF??!?!?!


Oh, wait, they're NOT giant turds? You mean, that maroonish brownish baggy, bulky, wrinkly thing over the body is a......... RAISIN?

I'm 9. I'm staring at these loonies. When to my childhood horror, I realize the freak shows with the California -dog poo bag- Raisin costume is

my MOTHER. and AUNT.

They had on black tights, black shirts, these turd things, white gloves and sunglasses. All to welcome my aunt to Cali. Dressed up as California frick frackin Raisins.

I don't think I have ever lived down the shame.


(This is a pic of what she used to make the costumes. Yes she MADE these. They used to be stored in a trash bag. (like all pieces of poo. *snicker snicker*)


6 comments:

SavvySarahDesigns said...

doesn't suprise me. at all.

~teachmom~ said...

Teehee! :) Good ol' California Raisins days! Now, that takes me back!

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL!!!! :D Thanks for the laughs! Sorry you had to endure the poo people!

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

That is a TRUE WTF!!! HAHA!!! I can see it now. You must have wanted to melt in your seat. At least you were 9 and not 19!!!

thegirlyouwillneverknow said...

That is so funny :D, so so funny, I can imagine the horror you felt and still I LOL.

erin said...

that is just wrong!