Monday, September 22, 2008

Erin Brockovich love


Once, among many other things, I had the wee thought of being a lawyer. Perhaps it's my need, when in the heat of battle, to set the record straight. Black and white, Cut and dry. It is what it is.
I have an uncanny ability to remember word for word what people say, write, and quite frankly, think. Ok, so not really on the whole thinking part, but I'm working on it. I pretty much serve it up on a silver platter complete with a 7 course meal.
I think that's why, Erin frick frackin Brockovich is my movie lovin guilty pleasure. Here's some of my fav. quotes.
(cussing ahead)


George: How many numbers you got?
Erin Brockovich: Oh, I got numbers comin' outta my ears. For instance: ten.
George: Ten?
Erin Brockovich: Yeah. That's how many months old my baby girl is.
George: You got a little girl?
Erin Brockovich: Yeah. Yeah, sexy, huh? How 'bout this for a number? Six. That's how old my other daughter is, eight is the age of my son, two is how many times I've been married - and divorced; sixteen is the number of dollars I have in my bank account. 850-3943. That's my phone number, and with all the numbers I gave you, I'm guessing zero is the number of times you're gonna call it.

and this one:

Theresa Dallavale: Okay, look, I think we got off on the wrong foot here...
Erin Brockovich: That's all you got, lady. Two wrong feet in fucking ugly shoes.

and love this one:

Ed Masry: In a law firm you may want to re-think your wardrobe a little.
Erin Brockovich: Well as long as I have one ass instead of two I'll wear what I like if that's all right with you. You might want to re-think those ties.

and this pretty much sums me up, al la E.B. style.

"Look, I don't know shit about shit but I know right from wrong! "






1 comment:

~teachmom~ said...

My dh has that same 'gift' Nea. I do not have the gift. My memory is a short stump of one and his runs a few miles long. Sigh. Oh, well.

Hahaha, you cuss like a nerd! I always knew you were one...spot us a mile away. ;) :p