Sunday, September 07, 2008

Proud parenting moment

I watch Jon and Kate Plus 8. They, if you haven't been up to date with the hype, are a family with seven year old twins, and 4 year old sextuplets. As in SIX of the same age. They have a show on TLC, that is, of course a reality show. Which I like. I like watching parents who fight, make mistakes, try to live life to the best of their ability, and so on. I don't always agree with them, but then again, I don't have to. However, on tons of message boards, and websites, they have people rippin them to pieces. Lots of nastiness. I'm just like, peeps, get a grip. Put your glass of Haterade down and go annoy a gnat or something. I know that my parenting isn't always stellar, contrary to popular belief, but guess what, no one else's is either.

Like today.

I was in the car. With the family. Enjoying a nice Sunday drive up the PCH. When it merges into one lane. And Dummy BEHIND us decides to speed up, cut us off, and totally miss hitting us. By millimeters.
So, in the moment of panic and frustration, I say; "Oh really, Meet The FOCKERS!" But do simple mathematics, let's say subtract the O for a U, and well... yeah. Not my most glowing achievement.

Not even 2.5 seconds later, does Petey the Parrot in the backseat, yell, in an ultra raspy voice, "
Oh, weally, FOCKERS!" And rinse, lather, repeat. About 3 times. Husband is staring at me, horrified. (and slightly amused, because there is something a little funny about it.)

Yeah, I think I gained another jewel in my Parent tiara.

2 comments:

SavvySarahDesigns said...

AWESOME.

Holly said...

Oh, yeah, I can totally sympathize...been there, done that, got the T-shirt to prove it!